The following terms and conditions apply to all transactions processed by The Laptop Centre. These conditions do not affect your statutory rights. These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice and supersede all previous editions.
- Each order for laptops or other goods will be treated as an offer by you to purchase the goods subject to these conditions. You are deemed to accept the conditions when you place an order for goods with us. The order will not be processed until we have validated and confirmed your payment, confirmed that stocks are available and accepted your offer.
- All goods remain the property of Portable IT Ltd until paid in full.
- Payment must be by cleared funds before dispatch of the goods. All major credit cards and debit cards accepted. We also accept electronic transfer and BACS. Please allow up to 7 working days for clearance of BACS and Electronic transfers before despatch of your laptop or other goods.
- In addition we will supply against purchase orders for laptops or other goods from recognised government bodies, local authorities, Education, Financial and other official corporate bodies at our discretion.
- All prices quoted are in UK pounds sterling and include VAT. VAT is shown separately on the invoice which is despatched with the laptop or other goods.
- All information supplied is subject to no errors or omissions being found when processing the order. Any such errors or omissions will be notified and discussed with the customer prior to accepting the order. Should the price of the laptop or other goods be wrongly quoted on the website we reserve the right not to fulfil the order. We will use our best endeavours to avoid such errors.
- 14 day no quibble money back if not satisfied with the laptop or other goods. Goods may not be returned after 14 days unless under our warranty terms. See bottom of page for these terms. (A copy will also be sent with the goods.)
- We will provide a full refund if the product is found to be unsuitable within 14 working days following delivery. Full refund will only be made if the goods are returned in exactly the same state as despatched and in the original packing. We can arrange collection of goods. Please use original packaging.
- All goods returned must be issued an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number and will be rejected if returned without a valid RMA number. The RMA number is valid for 30 days only after which a new RMA number will need to be obtained. Goods returned beyond 14 days of receipt are not eligible for a refund and the goods will be either repaired or replaced as necessary.
- 3 months mechanical warranty on used laptops and other used products. The warranty does not cover physical damage or misuse by the customer. Portable IT Ltd are not responsible for any data that is lost due to failure of the product and recommend regular data back ups. The customer is responsible for cost of returning goods.
- New laptops and other new products carry the manufacturer’s stated warranty. Usually 12 months but can be up to 3 years.
- Warranty is void if there is physical damage to the unit unless it is notified within 24 hours of receipt of the goods.
- Laptop and part orders will be confirmed prior to dispatch.
- Laptops or other goods will be dispatched by overnight carrier and the customer will be notified of the date sent, usually with in two days of receipt of cleared funds. Any delay will be notified to the customer at the time of taking the order. Delivery of goods shall be made to UK mainland addresses only and must be signed for. The address will be the one registered with your card issuer, unless you request otherwise and we agree to such a request (at our sole discretion).
- The Laptop Centre must be notified within 48 hours of any shortages in the order.
- Second hand refurbished goods will be of merchantable quality. The customer will be notified of any major defects and the goods will not be despatched unless the customer agrees to accept these at the price negotiated.
Although we make every effort to ensure that our website correctly states whether or not goods are in stock, there may be occasions where you submit an order for goods which are out of stock. In such cases we shall endeavour to supply a product of the same or greater quality and/or specification for the same price as the original goods (‘the Substituted Goods’). If you are unhappy with the Substituted Goods, you may return the Substituted Goods. If we are unable to supply Substituted Goods, we will inform you of this fact and shall return payment to your account. Please note that all sizes and measurements of goods are approximate (although we do try to make sure that they are as accurate as possible) and colour shades may vary slightly from those depicted on the website.
Please Find below your The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000. No.2334. rights. These rights can be used instead of Portable IT Ltd above terms.
If you are contracting as a consumer, you may cancel a Contract at any time within seven working days, beginning on the day after you received the Products. In this case, you will receive a full refund of the price paid for the Products in accordance with our refunds policy set out in below clause
To cancel a Contract, you must inform us in writing or via e-mail. You must also return the Product(s) to us as soon as possible, in good condition in which you received them, and at your own cost and risk. You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the Products while they are in your possession. If you fail to comply with this obligation, we may have a right of action against you for compensation.
OUR REFUNDS POLICY
When you return a Product to us:
Because you have cancelled the Contract between us within the seven-day cooling-off period see clause above, we will process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 30 days of the day you have given notice of your cancellation. In this case, we will refund the price of the Product in full, including the cost of sending the item to you. However, you will be responsible for the cost of returning the item to us.
OUR WARRANTY TERMS:
Click Here for full Warranty Terms
Standard Warranty only covers equipment purchased from Portable IT Ltd.
Standard Warranty on The Laptop Centre refurbished equipment is 3 months from the date of purchase. This is a return to base warranty and the customer is responsible for the cost of return.
Standard Warranty on new equipment is 1 year from date of purchase. The customer is responsible for cost of returning the goods to where the warranty is held.
Warranty covers 100% Parts and Labour up to the purchase price of the equipment. 6 months mechanical warranty on used laptops and other products. The warranty does not cover physical damage or misuse by the customer. No deductibles or hidden costs.
No limit on the number of repairs that can be made.
If repairs exceed the current value of the laptop, then the unit will be replaced.
If repairs or replacement can not be provided, then a refund will be issued for the current value of the laptop.
Customer misuse or abuse, physical damage, acts of nature, and general maintenance are NOT covered.
Batteries are NOT included in warranty. (A failed battery will need to be notified within 14 days from the date of receiving the laptop.)