PORTABLE IT LTD WARRANTY TERMS & CONDITIONS
Standard Warranty only covers equipment purchased from Portable IT Ltd.
Standard Warranty on TLC refurbished equipment is 3 months. This is a return to base warranty and the customer is responsible for the cost of return however if the fault in present within the first 14 days of receipt we will issue a free post return or collect the item.
Standard Warranty on new equipment is 1 year from date of purchase. The customer is responsible for cost of returning the goods to where the warranty is held.
Warranty covers 100% Parts and Labour up to the purchase price of the equipment. There is a 3 month mechanical warranty on used/refurbished laptops and other used/refurbished products unless otherwise stated. The warranty does not cover physical damage or misuse by the customer. No deductibles or hidden costs.
If repairs exceed the current value of the laptop, then the unit will be replaced.
If repairs or replacement can not be provided, then a refund will be issued for the current value of the laptop.
Customer misuse or abuse, physical damage, acts of nature, and general maintenance are NOT covered.
Portable IT Ltd are not responsible for any data that is lost due to failure of the product and recommend regular data back ups.
Batteries are NOT included in warranty. (A failed battery will need to be notified within 14 days from the date of receiving the laptop.)
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please make sure your laptop is used on a hard flat surface so that air can circulate around the machine, to prevent over heating.
*THE CUSTOMER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE RETURNING OF GOODS AND COST
*WE RECOMMEND THAT ALL SOFTWARE (including operating systems) SHOULD BE KEPT UPDATED.
**FOR WIRELESS/WIFI RELATED ISSUES WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU CONTACT YOUR INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER FIRST AS ALL OUR LAPTOPS ARE TESTED FOR WIFI CONNECTIVITY BUT MAY REQUIRE ADDITIONAL CONFIGURATION/SETUP TO WORK CORRECTLY WITH YOUR ROUTER OR MODEM.
Please Find below your The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000. No.2334. rights. These rights can be used instead of Portable IT Ltd terms.
If you are contracting as a consumer, you may cancel a Contract at any time within seven working days, beginning on the day after you received the Products. In this case, you will receive a full refund of the price paid for the Products in accordance with our refunds policy set out in below clause
To cancel a Contract, you must inform us in writing or via e-mail. You must also return the Product(s) to us as soon as possible, in good condition in which you received them, and at your own cost and risk. You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the Products while they are in your possession. If you fail to comply with this obligation, we may have a right of action against you for compensation.
OUR REFUNDS POLICY
When you return a Product to us:
Because you have cancelled the Contract between us within the seven-day cooling-off period see clause above, we will process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 30 days of the day you have given notice of your cancellation. In this case, we will refund the price of the Product in full, including the cost of sending the item to you. However, you will be responsible for the cost of returning the item to us.
BATTERY SAFETYIMPORTANT ELECTRICAL SAFETY NOTES FOR USING YOUR REFURBISHED AND SECOND HAND LAPTOPS
The most important rule: Switch off your laptop and unplug chargers when unattended for any length of time.
1. Make sure when your laptop is not on charge, or not in use, that it is turned off (not just left on standby) and only leave your chargers plugged in and switched on when you’re actually charging or using your laptop. Lithium Ion Batteries which are used in Laptops can fail after a period of time and may over heat, so do not leave your laptop charging unattended for too long.
2. When your laptop is unattended make sure the socket is switched off and ideally, your charger is unplugged. Laptops and chargers may get hot and cause the battery to overheat and in some cases catch fire.
3. We suggest that you regularly check that the laptop charger and battery is not getting hot and if so turn off at the wall plug and allow to cool down. This may be a sign that the battery and or charger needs replacing.
4. We strongly recommend replacing your battery at least every 12 months with the manufactures genuine replacement product or at least a good reliable laptop battery retailer.
5. Laptop manufactures may from time to time issue a battery recall on certain laptops so we strongly recommend periodically checking their website.
Please note: Portable IT Ltd do not warranty the laptop battery and therefore are not responsible for any harm or damage that may be caused from the failure of the battery.